Well worth the read!
If we reallybelievedthat God meant what He said – what should we be like! Dare I really let God be to me all that He says He will be? —Oswald Chambers
There is a strong connection between the wordsbelieveand faith. They both come from the same root word in the Hebrew.
Faith (pistis) is a noun, something you have:
- a firm persuasion
- certain conviction
- Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. —Hebrews 11:1
Believe (pistueo) is a verb, something you do, based upon that faith:
- to trust in and fully rely upon
- to accept as genuine and true
- to be firmly convinced about
- For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believedand I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have…
View original post 538 more words